One Detroit and American Black Journal present
Putting Metro Detroit to Work
Workforce Development Roadshow
Monday, September 9, at Detroit Hispanic Development Corporation
While Michigan’s economic forecast continues to be bright, there are still more than two hundred thousand unemployed workers. Matching them with available jobs for which they are qualified or providing them with the skills they need remains a challenge.
In a new Workforce Development Roadshow Monday, September 9, at 6pm ET at the Detroit Hispanic Development Corporation, “One Detroit” and “American Black Journal” go on the road to discuss these issues in depth. What are the most in demand careers? How do we connect people to the skilled trades? And what resources and programs are needed to connect Detroiters with those jobs?
One Detroit’s Christy McDonald, Stephen Henderson and Nolan Finley will lead the discussion.
- Nicole Sherard-Freeman, Executive Director, City of Detroit Office of Workforce Development
- Portia Roberson – CEO, Focus: HOPE
- Gerry Anderson – President, DTE
- Angela Reyes – Executive Director, Detroit Hispanic Development Corporation
- Tom Lutz – Executive Secretary/Treasurer, Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters & Millwrights
Please join us for what should be an informative, provocative and necessary conversation.